Tuesday, July 8, 2008

End of Staging, on to Training

I hugged everyone and said goodbye before walking down the hallway to my gate. I got on the plane to Philadelphia Monday morning sick to my stomach with anxiety over my choices. As the plane took off my fears assuaged momentarily and were replaced by the normal dizziness. As soon as I got my bags I hopped the first (expensive!!!) cab and got to the hotel. Right off, I met someone else in my program (CYE) and who was also going to Niger, what luck, right?

After putting my bags away and waiting around staging finally commenced. With each moment that passed I only got more excited. We did so many activities and slowly but surely my fears turned into excitement. The images we saw brought tears of happiness to my eyes and when a recent Niger PCV stopped in to talk to us I was elated.

I realize that this is what I am meant to do and where I am meant to go. I'm so excited to get on this plane tomorrow and to finally dive, head first, into this next phase of my life. My only fear now (okay, besides pit latrines) are of not wanting to come back home. The first three months I doubt I will have internet but I will be writing letters and my parents will be able to update facebook and my blog for me while I am gone. Just remember, no news is good news. **News Flash** I miss you already!

No comments: