Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Eternal Optimist

This I am. I am leaving in a mere 19 days. I recently received my airline tickets to Philadelphia. I was worried that I wouldn't have much time between the time I landed and the time I had to be at registration. I mapquested the two locations and found our they are only 15 minutes away.

I haven't felt worried lately. There was a week or two after graduation where I was really doubting my abilities and whether or not I could go through with this commitment. Lately, the more I've learned about my program, and the more I've prepared I have become comfortable with everything. I am no longer nervous. I am optimistic that, while things will surely be different, I will find enough similarities to bridge the gaps. As long as I find someone I feel comfortable with I know I will be fine.

I bought bilingual and French and children's books to use in my community interactions. I have everything packed and ready to go also. My suitcases are underweight which i think is best in case I would have to carry any of them.

No comments: