Sunday, June 8, 2008

Montage of past blogs

I have come to believe that the only people you NEED in your life are the ones that prove they NEED you in theirs. You realize that you cant go with out them and they know they cant go with out you!

Lately, these people have become hard to come by with a few exceptions. I think every once in awhile we go through these phases where we have drifted away (or have let others drift away from us) and we feel neglected. But rather than wallowing in the sadness this creates we need to reach out and pull these people back in. Friendship is give in take but not always in that order.


So, I just got my Peace Corps assignment. It is right up my alley. I am working with youth (which I didn't think I would before) and coordinating formal and non-formal education. Come July 10th I will be in NIGER!!! I am so excited (and yes, it is different than Nigeria) You should wikipedia/google it.

I absolutely cannot wait to get to Africa. Shiree and I are talking about planning a trip to South Africa while I'm there. I definitely want to go and visit Luxembourg. I just worry that it's going to be super expensive. As much as I don't want to have to rely on my parents financially I don't think I will make enough to travel for fun.

I want EVERYONE's permanent address so I can keep in touch. I make the assumption that I will NOT have internet. While this may or may not be true, I'd rather be on the safe side.


2 comments:

Jeff & Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

let me know how it goes...the PC is still on my list of options for after I graduate.

--Jeff

p.s. that's lame that it says comment deleted on my other one. I just wanted to post from my current blog instead of my old one.