Monday, June 9, 2008

Un Rêve

Last night I had a dream that someone from my high school was also going to Niger with the Peace Corps. Although the face and name are fuzzy now I wonder what the dream meant. Will I know someone there or will I just get to know someone with such ease? It will be interesting to find out.

I received my staging kit today. I learned that I will be flying out of Philadelphia. I will fly to Paris and then onwards to Niger. It's only a 5 hour flight which is encouraging for my future travel endeavors. France has always been the country I've been drawn to the most.

My knowledge of French is what has lead me to Niger. As I sit down to complete the rest of my forms I am hopeful that I will begin to make a difference. I want to live the fourth and pay it forward. Those of us who have been so privileged have a duty to those who are open to help.

No comments: